Our event in New York heard from experts who are using innovative data and advocacy to help bring gender-based violence out of the shadows and into the public eye.
One in three women worldwide have been subjected to physical or sexual violence in their lifetimes—an alarming statistic that only scratches the surface of this global atrocity.
- Ruxana Jina, Director, Data Impact Program, Vital Strategies
- Márcia Lima, National Secretary of Policies for Affirmative Action and Fighting and Overcoming Racism, Ministry of Racial Equality, Brazil
- Erin Leasure, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Specialist, International Center for Research on Women
- Leila Milani, Program Director, Global Policy & Advocacy, Futures without Violence
- With moderation by Shakuntala “Shaks” Santhiran an international broadcast journalist and professional moderator
- With remarks from Vital Strategies’ Fatima Marinho, Principal Technical Advisor, Women’s Health and Gender Equity, Brazil and Sharon Kim-Gibbons, Vice President, Public Health Programs and Acting Director, Data Driven Policy Initiative for Women’s Health
“VitalTalks Live: Can Data End Gender-Based Violence?” is part of Women Deliver’s 2023 Global Dialogue.
Brazil – Road Safety – Slow Down – Don’t exceed the limit of life
India Regulates Tobacco Content on Streaming Services
Uganda – Road Safety – Speeding Kills, Slow Down
Turkiye – Tobacco Control – Their Gain, Our Loss: The Environmental Costs
Vietnam – Tobacco Control – “Don’t let e-cigarette smoke cloud our future generation”
China – Tobacco Control – Asian Games
Colombia – Road Safety – It Didn’t Have to Happen. Slow Down. (Fernanda’s Story)
Colombia – Road Safety – It Didn’t Have to Happen. Slow Down. (Tatiana’s Story)
Colombia – Road Safety – It Didn’t Have to Happen. Slow Down. (Olmedo’s Story)
Colombia – Road Safety – It Didn’t Have to Happen. Slow Down. (Olivia’s Story)